Isaiah 41:10 - "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my right hand."

Friday, March 26, 2021

Sixth Saturday of Lent by Bill Sabiston 3/27/21


Scripture Reading: John 12:37-50

"I have come as light into the world, so that everyone who believes in me should not remain in the darkness."
-
John 12:46 NRSV

One movie I have enjoyed watching, and I must admit I have watched it several times, is “The Bucket List” staring Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson. In it, two men from totally different spectrums of life meet each other because of their illnesses. One scene in the movie places them in Egypt overlooking the magnificent pyramids. In that scene, Morgan Freeman’s character asks, “HAVE YOU FOUND JOY IN YOUR LIFE? HAS YOUR LIFE BROUGHT JOY TO OTHERS?” My son recently asked the question in a morning prayer meeting, “Can you find good in yourself and others everyday and reflect on that each day?”

Goodness and joy have been on the sidelines for most of this past year as we find ourselves trying to stay connected with each other for spiritual growth, times of fellowship, and let’s really be honest and say our own personal sanity.
Jesus says in John 12:46, “I have come as light into the world, so that everyone who believes in me should not remain in the darkness.”
As we prepare ourselves for Holy Week may our thoughts be of goodness, kindness, and reflection upon the sacrifice given to us by our Lord Jesus Christ. May we go into the world with a beacon of light... joy and goodness in our hearts for others to see.
Prayer + When the days are hard and the nights are long. It’s hard to sing the Lord's song. So with all that I know, where can I go. Except to sing the Lord's song,
That’s been sung by so many, for so long. + Prayer written by Rev. William D. Sabiston III August 10, 2011

--Bill Sabiston

No comments:

Post a Comment