Isaiah 41:10 - "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my right hand."

Monday, March 15, 2021

Fourth Tuesday of Lent by Janna Kisner 3/16/21

 


Scripture Reading: Psalm 97


“Light is planted like seed for the righteous person; joy too for those whose heart is right." -Psalm 97:11 CEB


One of my favorite writers, Fr. Richard Rohr, says all creation is the hiding place of God AND all creation is the revelation place of God. The hiding place of God is also the revelation place of God! Psalm 97 reminds me of these mysteries with the many images of creation.  


I love being outdoors and I’m out there at any and all hours of the day. Whether I’m waiting for the first light of dawn, watching the light fade away at dusk, or peering for the stars and moon, Psalm 97 proclaims that the heavens tell the glory of God. At the same time Psalm 97 speaks of the hiddenness and mystery of God. The hiding place of God is also the revelation place of God.


Being outdoors is sometimes “heads up” and sometimes “heads down” to dig, plant, pull, water, and wait. Seeds hidden in the soil soon reveal their beauty and bounty. Waiting for mysteries to emerge from the soil reminds me that the hiding place of God is also the revelation place of God.


In my Common English Bible translation of Psalm 97:11-12, it says “Light is planted like seed for the righteous person; joy too for those whose heart is right. Rejoice in the Lord, righteous ones! Give thanks to his holy name!” Light is planted like seed!  Revelation and hiding.


Where do you see God planting light? For whom and for what can you pray that God will plant light in the darkness and the darkness shall not overcome it?


Praying the Psalms: Though you seem hidden at times, we trust in your righteousness and justice. In this Lenten season, align our hearts to see the dawning light. Thanks be to God. Amen.


--Janna Kisner


No comments:

Post a Comment