Isaiah 41:10 - "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my right hand."

Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Fourth Thursday of Lent by Caroline Cates 3/11/21

Scripture Reading: Romans 5:12-21


“Therefore just as one man's trespass led to condemnation for all, so one man’s act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all.” -Romans 5:18 NRSV


These words from Romans 5:18 fill me with fear but also with joy. These words say we are all condemned which is scary. But they also say we are given life by one man, Jesus Christ. Doesn't this amaze you that the Lord gave his one and only son to save us from our own transgressions? God is gracious and merciful. We condemned ourselves and he still gave us another chance. Our God is great. 


This is why we celebrate Lent. To ask for forgiveness from our trespasses. Lent is a time to ask the Lord our God for forgiveness from our sins. Lent is a time to ask for forgiveness and to strive to be better. For some people Lent might look like giving up something important to you, while for others, it might involve spending more time with the Lord. Whatever your Lent may look like, we must always remember the sacrifice Jesus Christ made for us. This passage states that we are condemned but God sent his one and only son, Jesus Christ, to save us from ourselves. At the end of Lent is a celebration. This celebration is Easter, a joyous day when Jesus rose from his tomb to live again just like we will live again if we continue our walk of faith with the Lord. Always remember how much God loves you. 



Prayer: Lord, I ask forgiveness for my sins. I know I have made many mistakes, for I am a sinner. I am yours Lord and I will continue on my walk of faith with you, in and outside of Lent. Thank you for sending your son Jesus Christ, The Redeemer, to give me a second chance. As you have shined the Light of your love on me, please give me the strength to shine your light on others as well. Amen.


What can you do to shine the light of God's love on others this month?


--Caroline Cates


No comments:

Post a Comment