Isaiah 41:10 - "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my right hand."

Thursday, March 11, 2021

Fourth Friday of Lent by Anonymous 3/12/21

Scripture Reading: Psalm 92

"It is good to give thanks to the Lord, to sing praises to your name, O Most High; to declare your steadfast love in the morning, and faithfulness by night."
-Psalm 92:1-2 ESV


I know for myself when things are rough or not going the way I’d hoped, my first instinct is not to thank God for it. It is much easier to thank God when we’ve just received a promotion at work or we're able to spend extra time with family and friends. But to give thanks to God after we’ve lost our job or have been unable to see family in months as we are in the middle of a pandemic? — sometimes giving thanks isn’t so easy. Despite our circumstance, God is faithful and loves us, even when our situation clouds our view. We can be thankful even in troubling times, for we know that the Lord is with us.

What are you thankful for today? Give thanks to God for these gifts.


--anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment