Isaiah 41:10 - "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my right hand."

Monday, March 1, 2021

Second Tuesday of Lent by Robert Allen 3/02/21

 

Scriptures Readings: Psalm 61, Romans 1:16-25, Jeremiah 2:1-13, John 4:43-54

Verses to meditate on (all quotations taken from NRSV):

"For God alone my soul waits in silence, for my hope is from him." -Psalm 61:5. "The one who is righteous will live by faith." -Romans 1:17b. "I brought you into a plentiful land to eat its fruits and its good things, but when you entered you defiled my land, and made my heritage an abomination." -Jeremiah 2:7. "Jesus said to him, 'Go; your son will live.' The man believed the word that Jesus spoke to him and started on his way." -John 4:50.


Lent is a time of reflection to take stock of where we are in our relationship with God.
Too often I've been like the Israelites Jeremiah describes, defiling what God has done for me in my life. I imagine at some point we've all "defiled" our lives, in thought, word, or deed. So, during Lent I plan to search my soul, with the help of the Holy Spirit, to wait for God alone in silence, for my hope is in him. I hope I can be like the royal official who believed the word that Jesus spoke to him that his little boy would be healed. For, as Paul tells us in Romans, "the one who is righteous will live by faith."

Thought for the day: In faith, I will seek God's word today and everyday.

--Robert Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment