Isaiah 41:10 - "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my right hand."

Friday, February 26, 2021

Second Saturday of Lent by Hannah Golliher 2/27/21


Scripture Reading: Psalm 139:1-16

"I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well."
-Psalm 139:14 ESV

When I think of God’s creation, my mind conjures up images of majestic mountains, rushing waterfalls, and sandy beaches with a picturesque sunset. These are all beautiful examples of God’s creation, but I often neglect to include myself in this list. Do I really compare to these stunning sights in nature? Psalm 139 reminds me that God created each and every one of us in his image, out of love. We are “fearfully and wonderfully made” (v. 14), just as breathtaking as the beauty we see around us. The amazing thing is that it doesn’t stop there! Not only did the creator of the universe make you, God knows everything about you and still loves you unconditionally. Life can be lonely at times, especially this past year with our limited interactions due to the pandemic. We are made to live in community with others. Thankfully, we worship a relational God. Who better to be in constant community with than the one who knows each and every thing about us - good and bad? God created us, loves us, and wants to be in community with us. May we remember this whenever we feel lonely or doubt our worth.


Prayer: Creator of all things, what joy it is to know that you created me too. God, you know all of my strengths and even my faults, yet your love for me is unconditional. Help me to draw near to you O Lord, for you are always with me. Amen.

--Hannah Golliher

No comments:

Post a Comment