Isaiah 41:10 - "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my right hand."

Thursday, February 25, 2021

Second Friday of Lent by Nancy Lee Newell 2/26/21


Scripture Reading: Psalm 51

"Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal Spirit within me."
-Psalm 51:10

How many times have you done or said something that you later regret? How many times do you pray that someone you love or care for will forgive you for some thoughtless action? Are you ready to forgive others when they wrong you? Do you find comfort in the belief that God forgives you when you ask for forgiveness? This psalm is David’s plea for help when he is overcome with awareness of his sin.

In the middle of this psalm are very familiar words: “Create in me a clean heart, O God”. These words are set to music in a beautiful anthem that our Long Memorial choir has sung many times throughout the years. Just thinking about the beauty of the music and the fellowship of the choir makes me ache with longing for the time when we can sing together again. But my spirit is made right every day when I walk, pray, ask for forgiveness, watch the sun rise, see the seasons change, and give thanks for all the blessings that I have been given. May our faith provide us with joy and strength, and as we praise our God, may our heart be cleaned and restored.
Thought for the day: Seek the blessing and the freedom of forgiveness today.

--Nancy Lee Newell

No comments:

Post a Comment