Isaiah 41:10 - "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my right hand."

Monday, February 22, 2021

First Tuesday of Lent by Cheryl Allen 2/23/21

 

Scripture Reading: Psalm 47

"Sing praises to God, sing praises; sing praises to our King, sing praises!" -Psalm 47:6 NLT

 

As I read this psalm, I thought of my background in the Methodist Church. I attended a small, rural Methodist church named for one of my great-grandfathers. I grew up and flourished in this church where I knew all the church members and realized in my teens they were my "church family." These wonderful people were in church every week praising God. They sang beautiful hymns and religious songs that made an impression on my life. I grew up hearing the praises of a God full of grace, love, and forgiveness.

As a child I learned songs and prayers praising Jesus and our Heavenly Father. These provided lessons for me to live by. They have always kept me focused on the important things in life. They've helped me to be understanding and compassionate throughout my life. I still love to hear and sing these songs in church every week. I find myself humming some of the songs while I work in my flower, herb, and vegetable gardens; when I walk along the lakeshore and watch the birds; when I sit on my porch and just listen. I consider these moments of praise.


Thought for the day: There are many ways to praise God. Stop, listen, and give praise!


--Cheryl Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment